2009 Royal Victoria Marathon

2009 Royal Victoria Marathon
Jane, Me and Dee manning the shirt swap

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 14th

This is my attempt at blogging. I hope to get through the next 2 years in Ottawa sharing my running stories and maybe some family antics. So here's my version.

What I wore: Bra top-Nike, base layer-New Balance, Thermal layer-Drylete (This shirt is old and I mean really really old. I bought it at the Running Room in 1996 or 1997 and it is a favourite of mine. It's seen many races. And, yup, it's stinky but not too gross.), jacket-New Balance (the 2005 RVM committee jacket), base layer tights-Mid Zero by Sugoi, outer tights-Firewall by Sugoi, shoes-Asics Trubuco trail shoes, headband-Running Room and gloves from Costco.

Wow, all those layers take awhile. Almost makes you feel like you did as a kid getting your snowsuit on.

Weather: -4 Celsius

Road conditions: Cleared sidewalks (in most places) with slippery sections. Watch out for teenage kid using Dad's snowblower--almost too much for him to handle.

Workout: Ran 4km in Stittsville along Westridge Way. Just a short out and back tonight. Who knows how long it took because I forgot to start my watch. For those of you who know me, this will come as a surprise and a delight to those who either forget their watch altogether or fail to start it. It was a cold evening but crisp and great for running. I think a balaclava might be my next purchase so I don't have to move my headband from my head to my chin, alternating every 10 minutes or so.

A good start to the winter season and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment