2009 Royal Victoria Marathon

2009 Royal Victoria Marathon
Jane, Me and Dee manning the shirt swap

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 4

Gear: Base, mid and outer layers by NB, two layers of Sugoi tights, Asics Trabucco trail shoes, winter trax, gloves and balaclava

Weather: -9 Celsius

Sidewalk conditions: Packed snow with 3" of new powder

Workout: 42 minute out and back

It was a cold one tonight. And slow. Slow because of the snow and because of the temperature. I needed all my layers tonight. On the way back I had to jump up 2feet onto a snowbank to avoid being run over by two snowmobilers. I think they were as surprised to see me as I was to see them. I was coming around a corner and the two headlights looked like a car. Didn't hear them either because of traffic. Just another thing to watch out for here in Ottawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment