2009 Royal Victoria Marathon

2009 Royal Victoria Marathon
Jane, Me and Dee manning the shirt swap

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday, January 24

Gear: MEC full length bra top, red Sierra Designs base layer (this being my race shirt I got last weekend, NB thermal and outer layers, two pairs of Sugoi tights, Running Room socks, Asics trail shoes, hat and gloves.

Weather: -7 Celsius and sunny. Feels like -14C. When I say "feels like", this is always a direct quote from The Weather Network--not my own words. I'd probably always say it feels like minus 50.

Conditions: Sidewalks--bare, trail--hard packed snow

Workout: 1:15 minute walk/run/walk with April

We walked to the Trans Canada trail head and then began our 25 minute out and back run. It was a gorgeous morning with the sun shining brightly. Lots of people out too--familys walking, several snowmobilers, and a couple of cross country skiers but, strangely enough, no other runners. It was a bit cold to start but I really believe I'm finally starting to aclimatize as I was able to get rid of my gloves and hat on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment